Nicholson Construction specialises in commercial construction, in particular health, education and government public facilities, as well as private projects such as retail outlets and shops, and industrial projects and factories. A long-established family business, Nicholson Construction has been in operation since the late 1800’s and has grown to become a leading commercial construction company in western Victoria with projects serviced from offices in Ballarat, Bendigo and Warrnambool.
Due to continued growth, an opportunity now exists for an experienced Contracts Administrator to join their Ballarat team. You will be committed to delivering excellence; priding yourself on your meticulous attention to detail whilst managing client expectations and deadlines.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Building and developing strong relationships with the project administration and site teams, Project Managers and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the Project Manager to coordinate the contract budgeting and administration including accurate record keeping using the JobPac system
- Supporting the Commercial Manager with preparing purchase orders, progress claims, processing variations and preparing Subcontractor packages, scopes and schedules
- Assisting with the planning, management coordination and implementation of the company’s HSEQ system for the project site
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a building related discipline
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in Contracts Administration within the construction industry
- Excellent time management skills, coupled with the ability to work to tight deadlines and through high-pressure situations
- Well-developed analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
In return, you’ll join a highly-regarded business which has a first-class team of passionate individuals who are driven and highly motivated to succeed. An attractive salary package is on offer.
Inspired? Contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152 for further information and a copy of the position description. To apply, email your resume and covering letter to [email protected] by close of business Friday 21st February 2020.