Springhill Farm exist to spread joy, one treat at a time. Their journey started with a slice; from whipping up slices as a hobby for school kids visiting the family farm, Springhill Farm now provide their simply treatworthy products throughout Australia. Made right here in Ballarat, Springhill Farm products are a modern twist on Aussie Farmhouse Kitchen inspired treats that are perfect to complete your time out moment and include gluten free and vegan offerings.
Due to continued growth and expansion, Springhill Farm require a Cost Accountant to join their team on a part time basis. Reporting directly to the owners, this newly created position is critical in supporting the business to continue to grow sustainably. As Springhill Farm’s Cost Accountant, you will be integral in collecting, compiling and analysing data to assist with enhanced business planning, decision making and performance. You will be required to work across the business, partnering with Production, Warehousing and Logistics to perform cost and variance analysis, development of standard product costs and analysing inventories.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing standard product cost schedules and costing models
- Undertaking monthly, quarterly and annual cost forecasts
- Performing variance analysis of product costs, forecasts and budgets
- Analysing and reporting on profit margins, costing models and trends
- Providing key financial reports and insights to management
- Performing cost benefit analysis for new equipment and upgrades
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce or a related discipline
- A proven background in product costing – cost accounting, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional analytical skills
- An eye for detail
- Advanced IT skills, particularly with Excel and previous experience with an ERP system will be advantageous
- Curiosity and drive to understand underlying issues, simplify processes and resolve problems
- High levels of organisation and time management with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication skills to build effective and collaborative relationships
In return for your passion and success, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and the opportunity to grow and develop your career. You will have the opportunity to work with a collaborative high performing team, where you’ll be acknowledged and recognized for your contribution.
This is a permanent part time position, approx. 24 hours per week. Hours and days of work are flexible and could be structured within school hours.
Inspired? For further information and to request a copy of the position description, contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152. To apply, email your application letter and current resume to [email protected] by close of business Friday 30th October 2020.