Ballarat Regional Industries (BRI) vision is to be a Centre of Excellence, empowering all people with disabilities to live rich, independent and fulfilling lives. They are passionate about providing meaningful short and long term employment opportunities for people with a disability. Established in 1984, BRI are an important contributor to the Ballarat economy and provide a range of products and services such as manufacturing, recycling, landscaping and gardening, maintenance services, event support and packaging services to the region.
BRI have an opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join their team. Working closely with the Executive Leadership Team and the Board, the position of Finance Manager with BRI requires a highly experienced, commercially astute, hands on leader to help continue to drive the business forward in a financially sustainable way while leading finance and IT initiatives to streamline and enhance business operations.
Key role responsibilities:
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports including analysis of actual vs budget
- Financial planning and analysis of cost of services and setting price structures for products and services
- Preparing budgets for individual business units and collectively for the organisation
- Managing NDIS and government funding, acquittals and grant writing
- Managing the IT function of the business
- Leading and managing finance and IT initiatives and projects to streamline operations
- Management of accounting policies, systems, processes and compliance controls
- Leading and managing the finance and admin team – 4 direct reports
To be considered for this role you must hold tertiary qualifications in Accounting and be CA or CPA qualified. A proven background in a similar financial management role is essential. You’ll be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of technical accounting and finance principles, advanced Microsoft Excel skills as well as the ability to analyse complex business operations. Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, effective interpersonal and communication skills coupled with a can-do hands-on approach are essential traits for success in this role. NDIS experience is preferred but not essential.
In return we are offering a rewarding career where you will be able to contribute by making a difference in your local community and by creating employment pathways for people with a disability. The salary package will be negotiated based on skills and experience and full salary packaging is available.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 1pm.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Police Check and Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme Check.
Inspired? For further information and to request the position description, contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152. To apply, submit your current resume and application letter to [email protected] by close of business Monday 1st February 2021.