Central Highlands Water (CHW) is a regional water corporation that delivers drinking water, sewerage, trade waste and recycled services to customers throughout the Central Highlands region of Victoria. CHW is based in Ballarat and they have a proud history spanning 150 years providing quality water and wastewater services, safely, efficiently and sustainably to communities in the Central Highlands Region.
On behalf of CHW, we are searching for an adaptable, practical and hands on Financial Controller who is experienced in driving continuous improvement initiatives and operational performance for greater efficiency and quality of management information. This is an exceptional opportunity to combine your strategic abilities whilst applying your technical knowledge by getting involved in the day-to-day management and processes of CHW’s accounting functions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Establishing strong financial governance and providing insights and advice to improve decision making, in turn delivering strong business performance
- Managing the end of month and end of year financial reporting requirements
- Managing the preparation of annual budgets including working with department Managers and performing mid-year forecasts
- Managing a small team (including Payroll and Accounts Payable)
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives with a focus on digitalising and automating processes
- Ensuring sound financial management of CHW assets and investments
To be considered for this role you will need to have tertiary qualifications in accounting (and/or a related discipline), including CA or CPA accreditation. A proven background in a senior finance role with experience in leading and managing a team is essential. You will have high levels of initiative, well developed interpersonal skills coupled with a strategic solution focused approach.
An attractive salary package will be negotiated based on skills and experience.
Inspired? Contact Larecia McGuane on 0439 277 841 for a confidential discussion and to request the position description. To apply, submit your covering letter and resume to [email protected]