FMP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd the makers of Bendix, produce a large range of disc brake pads from its operations in Ballarat and has gained a reputation of manufacturing, marketing and distributing quality products with high levels of customer service. FMP Group originated in 1955 and is Australia’s largest automotive friction material manufacturer. The company is a joint venture between Garrett- Advancing Motion and Pacifica Group Pty Ltd, (100% owned by Robert Bosch Pty Ltd). The affiliation with Garrett gives the company access to the latest technology and techniques. FMP also manages a manufacturing plant in Thailand and a sales office in Malaysia, producing and selling similar products.
The Human Resources Manager reports to the FMP General Manager and the Senior HR Director (based in Switzerland) and has responsibility for the end to end HR function across the Ballarat and Melbourne sites. With two direct reports, you’ll need to be an experienced, hands on HR Manager who can establish relationships with the leadership team to support them with their people management.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Providing advice, support and guidance to management and the broader workforce on HR matters
- Developing and implementing strategies to enhance engagement and culture
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining HR policies, procedures and systems to align with best practice
- Managing industrial relations matters and Union relationships
- Coordinating recruitment, selection and onboarding activities
- Contributing and advising on organisational design and workforce planning initiatives
- Supporting management with performance management and development issues
Success in this role requires a collaborative, hands on, open and receptive approach. You’ll be highly skilled in building relationships with people at all levels of the business, an active listener who is able to resolve issues before they explode. Tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management or a related discipline along with previous experience in a similar level role are essential requirements. You will have strong industrial relations knowledge coupled with well-developed business acumen. Coaching, mentoring, influencing and engaging will come naturally to you.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated based on skills and experience.
Inspired? For further information and a copy of the Position Description, contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152. To apply, submit your application letter and current resume to [email protected].