- Ballarat based
Visit Ballarat is the peak tourism body for the Ballarat region. A Not-for-Profit Incorporated Association, Visit Ballarat is responsible for driving the visitor economy for Ballarat and the region through Destination Positioning, Destination Development and Industry and Advocacy. Governed by an independent industry focused and skills based Board of Directors, we are seeking an experienced and passionate leader to take the helm at Visit Ballarat.
Given the significance of this role, the Chair must ensure they can devote sufficient time and commitment to perform the requirements of the role. This includes attending monthly Board and Committee Meetings, working closely with the CEO, representing Visit Ballarat at regular events and stakeholder meetings including government lobbying.
Your role as Chair will be to:
- Promote and support the strategic plan of Visit Ballarat
- Provide strong leadership to the Board
- Ensure good governance and the effective functioning and performance of the Board
- Work closely with the CEO to provide support, advice and counsel including formally reviewing the CEO’s performance
- Representation and stakeholder engagement including attendance and participation at Regional tourism board forums, Government meetings and Industry meetings
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders including members
- Enhance the profile of Visit Ballarat through media opportunities, networking, advocacy and lobbying
To be successful for this high profile opportunity, you will be an experienced strategic leader who displays strong diplomacy, high emotional intelligence and is business savvy. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships, influence, advocate and lobby effectively with a broad range of stakeholders. You’ll have a solid understanding of the political landscape and be effective in navigating the complexities. Of high regard is a community orientated leader with a tourism background and relevant market knowledge. Previous experience in a Board Chair role and AICD qualifications will be advantageous but not essential. The successful applicant will be remunerated for their contribution.
Inspired? For a confidential discussion and a copy of the position description, contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152. To apply email your application letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit an Application