- Ballarat based
The Fiona Elsey Cancer Research Institute’s (FECRI) mission is to advance the understanding and treatment of cancer, by making an internationally recognized contribution to cancer research. Opened in 1998, the Institute, led by Professor George Kannourakis, is making enormous progress in unlocking the riddles of cancer, including major research in the areas of ovarian cancer, immunology, chronic lymphoid leukemia and histiocytic diseases.
On behalf of FECRI, we are seeking applications from experienced and highly skilled leaders to fill the honorary position of Chair of the Board of Directors.
Your role as Chair will be to:
- Promote and support the Vision and Goals of the Institute
- Provide strong leadership to the Board
- Ensure good governance and the effective functioning and performance of the Board and its Committees
- Liaise with the Institute Director to provide support, advice and counsel including formally reviewing the Institute Director’s performance
- Represent the Institute at official functions and events
- Build relationships with Donors, Civic Leaders and Industry representatives to enhance the Institute’s profile
- Chair Board meetings and ensure all of the Committees of the Board are chaired appropriately.
To be considered for this high stature position you will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven background in a similar leadership position
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge in/of the Not-For-Profit sector and the communities which the Institute serves
- A strong knowledge of the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements to ensure compliance and good governance is achieved
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including experience in presenting and public speaking
- The ability to build strong networks, develop relationships and engage community partners to achieve outcomes
- A research / scientific background would be highly regarded but is not essential.
The role will require you to attend monthly Board meetings and regularly represent the Institute at functions and events. It is also expected that you will make yourself available to the Institute Director for ongoing support and guidance and you will be required to allocate time to adequately prepare, plan and follow up on matters related to Board Meetings.
Would you like to play a key role in the leadership of a highly regarded and internationally renowned community organisation which is leading the way in cancer research? This is your opportunity to lead and work with a committed and dedicated team of Board Members, Employees, Researchers and Volunteers who are passionate about making a difference.
Inspired? For a confidential discussion and to request a copy of the position description, contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152. To apply, please submit a Letter of Application and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit an Application