- Ballarat based
Wellbeing, safety and respect for all children and families is the Cafs (Child and Family Services) vision. As the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) you are responsible for providing sound strategic advice and direction whilst applying a collaborative whole-of-organisation approach to ensure high standards of service delivery supported by suitable and sustainable infrastructure, facilities and assets.
As a member of the newly established executive leadership team, you will be involved planning, implementing, managing and running of all the finance, facilities and ICT activities of the organisation, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and major system and process improvement.
Being a part of the executive team will also provide broader opportunities within the organisation to contribute to initiatives aimed at strengthening Cafs’ capability to deliver quality outcomes to children and families in need.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Managing all aspects of the accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, financial planning and legal compliance, ensuring timely and accurate reporting on the organisation’s financial status for use by management personnel, the Finance Committee and the Board of Governance.
- Providing sound strategic advice and support to the CEO and the Board in all finance and company secretarial matters including financial performance, budgeting, financial position and future cash flow requirements etc.
- Preparing annual operating budgets and financial models to support business planning, identify business risks and make appropriate decisions regarding mitigation strategies.
- Undertaking reconciliation of internal management reporting to annual financial reports, including reporting to external stakeholders and/or regulators.
- Managing major system, process and procedure improvement initiatives for the organisation, particularly in relation to processes relating to delegated areas of responsibility.
- Ensuring the ongoing viability and management of assets, infrastructure and facilities for fit-for-purpose, safety etc.
To be considered for the position, you must hold tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related discipline and be CPA/CA qualified. You will have solid previous experience in a similar level leadership position. You will have substantial experience in providing high level strategic and operational leadership within a large and complex organisation; demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement; and be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organisation.
Cafs is proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity organisation. We embrace it, value it, celebrate it and support it for the benefit of our employees, our volunteers, our service users and our community. We welcome applications from a range of people including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, People with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Inspired? For further information and a copy of the Position Description, please contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152 or [email protected]
To be considered for this role you must address the application questions detailed in the Position Description. Applications close on Monday 24th February at 5pm and can be submitted to [email protected]
Submit an Application