- Ballarat based
Award-winning commercial construction company, Nicholson Construction, has been contributing to the development of regional Victoria since the late 1800’s and has a reputation for excellence in construction. From its head office in Ballarat the company has a presence throughout regional Victoria and an expanding client base across health, education and private development sectors.
Due to continued growth, we are searching for an experienced Commercial Estimator to join the Nicholson team. Working alongside two other highly experienced Estimators, you will to have a proven background in a similar role and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Generating detailed cost estimates based on scope of works
- Undertaking site visits and liaising with stakeholders to assess project requirements
- Facilitating the estimating process including generating trade packages and bill of quantities
- Maintaining accurate records to ensure estimates and costings are based on best value prices, quality and delivery
- Conducting post tendering reviews
- Maintaining close relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Compiling tender submissions
To be considered for this role you’ll have:
- Three or more years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience estimating on projects from $2m to $20m
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management or a related discipline or you’ll have worked your way up to a similar role from a trade background.
- Excellent time management skills, coupled with the ability to work to tight deadlines and through high-pressure situations, are critical.
- Strong computer skills, be able to manage and assess risk and have a meticulous approach to your work.
In return, you’ll join a highly-regarded business which has a first-class team of passionate individuals who are driven and highly motivated to succeed. An attractive salary package is offered, with flexibility and the opportunity to take the next step in your career.
Inspired? Contact Megan Vila Pouca on 0427 539 233 for further information and to request a copy of the position description. To apply, email your resume and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit an Application