- Ballarat location
At North Ballarat Sports Club (NBSC) we have a vision for our future, and that is to be the number one Sports Club in the Greater Western region of Victoria. To achieve our vision, we are working with our staff to transform our customer service from good to amazing. We are listening to our customers and our staff, changing our business structure and providing development, all with the aim to making our customers feel important and having more ‘Wow!’ moments.
While some see customer service and hospitality as a stepping stone in their career or an ‘in between job’, we believe it can be a rewarding career. At NBSC we provide our staff with the opportunity to work across all aspects of the business, from the bistro to the bar, from functions to gaming. You will become part of our drive for excellence, joining our team of customer service leaders, master solution finders and continuous improvement gurus.
We are searching for individuals passionate about customer service, to cover a range of morning, day and evening shifts across weekdays and weekends. A range of full time, part time and casual positions are on offer.
To join the NBSC Hospitality team you’ll need to demonstrate to us that you understand and can uphold the Club’s values, have a strong work ethic and are able to demonstrate initiative. Success at NBSC looks like:
- Creating an environment where customers feel valued, by interacting continually, pre-empting their needs and addressing their queries
- Acting as the first point of contact for customer concerns, resolving them quickly where possible or escalating to a Supervisor or Service Manager as needed
- Monitoring customer behaviour and notifying a Service Manager when you believe the safety and wellbeing of staff and/or other customers is compromised
- Being fully conversant with every menu and bar item, as well as all Club services and promotions, to provide customers with a complete customer experience
- Encouraging customer feedback regarding products and services and providing Service Managers with this feedback
- Ensuring your personal presentation, as well as the presentation of the venue, is always neat and tidy, ensuring a welcoming experience for all customers
- Having a proactive “can do” attitude with a commitment to getting the job done no matter what
Previous hospitality experience is advantageous however at North Ballarat Sports Club it’s your attitude and commitment to customer service excellence that will see you shine. We are offering full training and assistance with gaining the required Alcohol, Gaming and Food Handling certificates where required.
For further information about these positions and to request a position description please contact Jo Hocking or Ange Connor on 5331 1734.
To apply, don’t email us your cover letter and resume………. We want to meet you! These roles are all about you and how you interact with others and the customer service experience you provide so we want to experience it for ourselves.
Come and visit us at Inspire HQ (Suite 4, Level 1, 1021 Sturt Street Ballarat) – you don’t need an appointment, we are ready and waiting to meet you. Can’t make it in? Email us a video introducing yourself.
We’ll be available to meet you from Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm.
Videos can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you considered how your current salary compares to others in similar roles within Regional Victoria? Visit www.regionalsalaries.com.au and compare your salary now, it’s free and anonymous.Submit an Application