- Hamilton – Warrnambool location, regional Victoria
Achieving a healthy and sustainable relationship between the natural environment and the community’s use of land and water resources is the Glenelg Hopkins Catchment Management Authority’s (CMA) vision. Their projects help combat degradation caused by pest plants and animals, habitat loss, dryland salinity, decline in flows and water quality of waterways, and erosion. They also help develop and preserve the natural values of the area. Glenelg Hopkins CMA is regarded as a leader in the industry, as recognized through winning the Australian Riverprize in 2013 and a number of other national awards.
As the Executive Manager – Waterway and Catchment Health, you will play the lead role in the planning and delivery of these projects to assist Glenelg Hopkins in achieving their vision. Working closely with the CEO and executive team, your expertise in people leadership and strategy development will be key to the ongoing development of natural resource management across the Glenelg Hopkins region of Victoria.
Key areas of responsibility in this role will be:
- Leadership: Leading and inspiring policy and strategy development, business improvement, branding and high levels of performance and commitment.
- People: Establishing the direction for your team, fostering a culture of professionalism, innovation and stakeholder engagement while ensuring that your passionate team (employees and volunteers) are supported to achieve their full potential.
- Communications and Relationships: Engaging community stakeholders and developing commitment and input in to programs, continuing to build on the profile and awareness of the Glenelg Hopkins CMA through strategic positioning, networking and representation in the community. Lobbying and developing relationships with government and agencies to influence policy and secure funding.
- Strategy: Provide expertise, advice and knowledge in to the CMA’s strategies and plans to support the overall direction and leadership of the organization and investment planning.
- Program Management: Apply best practice management and technical expertise to projects to ensure they are delivered within scope and through the effective use of resources.
- Governance & Risk: Ensure good governance is maintained across the business unit, including accurate reporting, compliance with legislation and funding requirements while minimizing risk
Extensive knowledge, experience and qualifications in natural resource management is vital and you will have a proven background in leading multi-disciplinary teams and managing business units and/or significant programs. You will be an exceptional communicator with remarkable interpersonal skills to develop, enhance and engage Glenelg Hopkins CMA’s workforce, government bodies and community members and groups. The ability to be responsive, adapt and prioritise to successfully manage a large portfolio of programs will help you succeed in this diverse and rewarding role.
- A rewarding and competitive executive remuneration package, including relocation assistance if required
- The opportunity to help develop an organisation that already has a well-known reputable brand
- A challenging and diverse role where you’ll significantly contribute to the leadership and delivery of programs of a values driven organisation that is passionate about what they do
Learn more about the significant and diverse programs Glenelg Hopkins CMA are delivering:
You can also visit their You Tube Channel here https://www.youtube.com/user/ghcma
Contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152 for a confidential discussion and to request a copy of the Position Description. To apply, submit your resume and covering letter including your response to the application questions as detailed in the Position Description to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applications that do not include a response to the application questions detailed in the Position Description will not be considered.
Submit an Application