- Ballarat based
Wellbeing, safety and respect for all children and families is the Cafs (Child and Family Services) vision. The Executive Manager, People and Engagement is central to providing executive leadership for the organisation’s people, engagement and culture strategies. This leadership role will identify and implement initiatives which align with Cafs values, and positions the organisation as an employer of choice.
In this newly created role, you will ensure the organisation’s people initiatives are engaging, collaborative in design and contemporary for Cafs to attract, retain and build the capabilities of our employees and volunteers. This encompasses the accountability for leading the human resources; organisational and workforce development; safety; and diversity and inclusion agenda, during a period of significant change and innovation.
Being a part of the executive team will also provide broader opportunities within the organisation to contribute to initiatives aimed at strengthening Cafs’ capability to deliver quality services to children and families in need.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Establishing and implementing innovative and contemporary people and culture frameworks with a customer-centric approach
- Leading organisational transformation change projects to deliver financially sustainable customer centred business processes and future service delivery capacity
- Design and/or procure contemporary leadership development solutions that build capability aligned to the strategy and increase the effectiveness of leaders at all levels
- Deliver extensive workforce planning activities in a highly complex and diverse industrial environment, with an equal focus on a regional/dispersed workforce
- Provide high level advice and support to the CEO and Board in relation to all People and Engagement matters
- Lead the development and delivery of the organisation’s safety; diversity and inclusion; and volunteer functions, framework and strategic initiatives
To be considered for the position, you must hold tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management or a related discipline and you will have solid previous experience in a similar level leadership position. You will have substantial experience in providing high level strategic and operational leadership within a large and complex organisation; strong transformational change experience in the areas of culture, workforce strategy and innovation; and strong business acumen with a commercial mindset.
Cafs is proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity organisation. We embrace it, value it, celebrate it and support it for the benefit of our employees, our volunteers, our service users and our community. We welcome applications from a range of people including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, People with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Inspired? For further information and a copy of the Position Description, please contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152 or [email protected]
To be considered for this role you must address the application questions detailed in the Position Description. Applications close on Monday 24th February at 5pm and can be submitted to [email protected]
Submit an Application