- Ballarat Location
BJT Legal are a well-known and highly respected Ballarat based legal firm who pride themselves on their technical excellence and ability to partner with clients to service their needs. Knowing their clients and understanding their needs is important to them. Taking great pride in what they do, BJT Legal are searching for an individual who shares these same values to assist in their Litigation department.
A proven background as a Legal Secretary is essential as we will need you to hit the ground running. Having an understanding of how a legal practice works and a knowledge of systems and processes for providing high level support to BJT Legal’s team of experts will be key. Litigation experience would be preferred but is not essential.
About the role
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Preparing documents and correspondence
- Liaising with clients and external stakeholders via telephone and email
- File and diary management
- General filing of documents and photocopying
- Assisting and supporting across other departments as required
To join the BJT Legal team, you’ll need to be able to demonstrate:
- Previous legal secretary / administrative experience
- An eye for detail
- The ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well developed time management and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- A positive, enthusiastic and team focused attitude
This maternity leave contract is expected to end early December 2018 and ideally you will be available to commence immediately. We are offering flexibility regarding the days and hours of work and can offer from 22 to 38 hours per week, dependent on your availability.
In return you’ll have the opportunity to join a high performing team and represent a legal firm with a long standing reputation in the region. BJT Legal value work life balance, recognising you for your contribution and are offering a rewarding hourly rate.
Inspired? For further information contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152. To apply email your covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit an Application