- Ballarat based
Southern Spreaders specialise in the design and manufacture of spreaders and fertilizer handling equipment for the use of contractors and large-scale farmers. Leaders in their industry, Southern Spreaders have an extensive range of spreaders to suit all applications and are a custom made to order manufacturer. Due to continued growth, they are looking for an experienced Production Manager to join their team; playing a key role in the management and leadership of the business.
As their Production Manager you will have full accountability for production planning, scheduling and delivery of products as well as management of the production team. Ideally you will have a keen interest in the agriculture industry and previous experience in a similar role is essential.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- People management – leading, managing and engaging team members to meet production output KPI’s
- Planning and workflow management – working with Sales, Engineering and Parts to ensure accurate scheduling and resourcing to deliver products on time
- Continuous Improvement – identifying and implementing initiatives to enhance the production function
- Reporting – gathering data and reporting to management on production targets and KPI’s including delivering orders on time and within allocated costs
- System and Process Development – implement standard operating procedures and contribute to improving the utilization of the ERP system for production
- Work Health & Safety – manage all WH&S requirements and initiatives, to foster and ensure a safe work environment
Success as the Production Manager at Southern Spreaders requires a hands on approach and you’ll spend a good deal of your time on the production floor supervising and overseeing the production function. You’ll be a natural people person who has the skills to earn the respect of the team and motivate them to achieve production goals and targets. A strong mechanical aptitude coupled with proven background in planning, scheduling and resource management is essential. Excellent time management, organisational and problem solving skills are required. You will work closely with the leaders of the business to inform and influence decisions however you’ll need to be self-sufficient in managing the end to end production function. Your role is to free up senior management to allow them to focus on growing and developing the business.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate based on skills and experience. Southern Spreaders are a growing business and we are looking for a motivated individual who is keen to grow and develop with them. You’ll be rewarded for your ability to deliver outcomes and drive improvements.
Inspired? For further information and to request a copy of the Position Description, contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152. To apply, email your resume and covering letter to [email protected] by close of business Wednesday 17th July 2019.
Submit an Application