- Ballarat based
Vision Australia exists to support people who are blind or have low vision, live the life they choose. They do this by creating equal opportunity so people who are blind or have low vision can get an education, get a job and be as independent as they choose. With a commitment to integrity and professionalism; listening, adapting and learning, Vision Australia give the greatest respect to their clients and each other. Supporting more than 25,000 people of all ages, life stages and circumstances, Vision Australia has over 35 centres and outreach programs across Australia. Could you help Vision Australia deliver on their why?
As a Retail Service Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing the Ballarat Vision Store. Providing high level knowledge and support to customers as well as service support team members, you will assist with sales and the demonstration of assistive technology equipment and aids. Critical to your success will be your innate ability to understand your customers, their requirements and their lifestyle needs. You’ll be passionate about helping your customers find the right solution to provide independence and support every day.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Managing customer enquiries in store and over the telephone
- Providing quotes for local service providers and for customers to access funding such as National Disability Insurance Scheme, My Aged Care and Department of Veteran Affairs
- Conducting technology needs assessments for a variety of situations and environments
- Providing support to customers including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and advice for a range of products and technologies
- Coordinating inventory and stock management
- Maintaining accurate customer records for data collection and reporting
- Achieving sales budgets and targets through multiple channels
Previous optical experience is essential and it is desirable that you hold a Certificate IV in Optical Dispensing (or are willing to obtain). You will have a strong retail background ideally in optical, medical equipment or assistive technology. Most importantly, you will be passionate about helping the customer to achieve their goals and objectives. Exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to effectively negotiate and influence and computer skills are required.
In return we are offering a highly competitive and rewarding salary. Flexibility regarding the days and hours of work is available and the hours of work could be structured within school hours. Based in Wendouree, you will work alongside a team of motivated and passionate individuals who take pride in what they do.
Inspired? Contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152 for further information and to request a copy of the position description. To apply, email your resume and application letter to [email protected] by close of business Wednesday 11th December 2019.
Submit an Application