- Ballarat Location
Albins Performance Transmissions specialise in the design and manufacture of drivetrain components. Their capabilities include the ability to produce individual gears, axles, drive flanges and ring and pinions right through to complete unit, sequential shift transmissions.
Growing rapidly, Albins are searching for a proactive, self-motivated and autonomous Safety, Quality and Environmental Manager who can play a hands-on role in driving SQE projects and initiatives to contribute to Albins innovative success.
In this fast paced role you will be responsible for:
- Leading the development and management of APQP and PPAP documentation and controls
- Coordinating continuous improvement activities to reduce scrap and waste
- Managing internal and external accreditations and audits including ISO-9001
- Coaching, mentoring and educating team members across all levels of the business to foster a safety, quality and environmental best practice culture
- Supporting Production and Engineering teams with non-conformance analysis and corrective actions
- Ensuring compliance of SQE policies, legislative requirements, codes, regulations and processes
As the successful candidate you will have a background in mechanical engineering or have worked your way up from the shop floor and have a demonstrated track record in a similar type role. Exceptional skills in influencing, negotiating and leading change management initiatives is required.
You’ll enjoy working autonomously, problem solving and have a hands on practical approach.
Previous experience working in the automotive or automotive supply chain sector will be highly regarded as will tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering and/or a related discipline.
In return you’ll be rewarded with an attractive salary package, the autonomy to shape and develop the SQE function, a clean work environment with excellent facilities and the opportunity to work closely with the senior leadership team.
Inspired? For further information, contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152 for a confidential discussion and to request a copy of the position description. To apply, email your resume and covering letter to email@example.com by close of business Wednesday 17th January 2018.
This role will commence late January – February 2018.
Submit an Application