- Afternoon Shift – 1.54pm to 10.00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Ballarat based
Springhill Farm is a small food manufacturing facility that produces sweet snacks under its own brand as well as a variety of products under contract manufacturing agreements. The production and packing process relies on employees who have a strong attention to detail, are multi-skilled and share the Springhill Farm values of Integrity, Efficiency, Responsibility and Quality.
An opportunity exists for an experienced people supervisor to lead and manage the afternoon shift, Packing line. Leading a team of approx. 8 employees, you will take full responsibility for ensuring the shift operates in an efficient and effective manner to achieve the required key performance targets.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Participating in the packing process and leading by example
- Ensuring the packing team operates in a safe manner, you will foster a safe and positive work environment at all times
- Managing the allocation of tasks and workflow to ensure packing schedules are achieved and stay on target, in line with standard operating procedures
- Completing all packing QA checks and accurately recording results to maintain a high level of traceability and accountability
- Overseeing the quality of output of the packing team to ensure products leave with the best possible presentation
- Performing machinery checks to ensure machines are operating properly, troubleshooting machine issues
- Leading and managing the team to enhance productivity, engagement and accountability
The packing department is a fast-paced environment and you will need to demonstrate your ability to think on your feet, problem solve, exercise initiative and adapt to overcome obstacles and achieve packing KPI’s. Highly developed communication skills, effective time management and the ability to build rapport with team members are critical skills for success in this role. You will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar team leader / supervisor role and will have a sound mechanical aptitude.
In return we are offering a competitive salary package, the opportunity to contribute to a values driven business who is passionate about what they do, autonomy and responsibility.
Inspired? For further information, contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152. To apply email your covering letter and resume to [email protected].Submit an Application