Black Iron Technology Group (BITG) are experts in technology but what sets them apart is their ability to understand the needs, pressures and future requirements of their clients businesses. They are a think outside the square managed service provider, who aren’t afraid to push the boundaries to help their clients improve their business technology and communications. They are not focused on sales targets or billable hours. For the BITG team it is all about the customer service experience, quality solutions and getting the job done to eliminate their clients tech headaches.
In this newly created position of Network Engineer, your number one responsibility is to free up the Director so he can keep growing the business. You’ll play a key role in providing assistance installing, calibrating, troubleshooting and servicing equipment, systems and hardware.
A typical day at BITG looks like:
- Supporting and maintaining clients IT systems
- Installing, configuring and maintaining hardware, operating systems and software
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services
- Providing level 2 end user support and problem resolution
- Ensuring network, software and hardware facilities are operating at optimum levels, correcting failures and troubleshooting faults
- Conducting preventative maintenance and repair services
Do you cut the mustard?
- Are you an experienced IT tech who is familiar with working with different systems and networks in different businesses? We need you to be experienced – qualifications and experience in a similar role are critical.
- Can you turn “tech talk” in to “customer talk”? Not everyone gets our IT jargon, you’ll need to make IT easy to understand for the customer.
- Are you a problem solver? You’ll need to show us you can think outside the square and create solutions for our customers; we don’t like to tell them “no”
- Do you cope well with change? We don’t sell products for their kickbacks and one solution doesn’t suit all. We change and adapt our services and solutions to suit our customers; you’ll need to be flexible and adaptable.
- Can you demonstrate initiative? We need you to be a step ahead of our customers and their needs as well as the BITG Directors. We don’t do hand holding or spoon feeding so being a step ahead will ensure your success.
- Are you passionate? If tech floats your boat and you get as excited as us about all things technology and communications you’ll be a good fit for our culture.
In return we are offering a rewarding salary package. From time to time you’ll need to be able to work outside normal business hours to service our customers and solve their problems; sometimes the best time to do this is of an evening or a weekend. A current drivers licence is essential as you’ll need to do site visits. BITG are a rapidly growing small business and there will plenty of opportunities for professional development and training. Your success will be measured on your ability to be responsive and exceed customer expectations. BITG don’t have sales KPI’s nor do they have billable hours; it’s all about service, understanding needs and creating solutions. Are you up for the challenge?
Inspired? Contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152 for further information and a copy of the position description. To apply, submit your application to [email protected] by 5pm Friday 28th February 2020.