Inspire HQ Collection Notice
We may collect personal information such as:
- General contact and identification details (e.g. name, address, email address and phone number).
- Information about your education and work history, qualifications and skills.
- Opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), which will only be collected with your consent.
- Information about your work rights and your eligibility to work within Australia which may include details, copies or presentation of the originals of any applicable visa, passport, birth or citizenship certificate, or other relevant documentation.
- Sensitive information (e.g. information about your health, medical history or specific condition, criminal record, professional memberships etc), which will only be collected with your consent.
- Other information relevant in the circumstances.
- If you’re acting as a referee, your opinions (and supporting facts) regarding the candidate’s character and work performance or work environment.
We do this primarily for the purpose of and incidental to providing our services.
We collect personal information directly from you, other than where:
- You apply or submit your resume directly via our website or through a third-party website, application or service.
- We undertake reference checks with, or receive reference or performance feedback (whether negative or positive) from, any of your former or current employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies (reference checks are only undertaken with your consent).
- We receive results of any medical tests or criminal history checks, (which are only undertaken with your consent).
- We receive results from any competency tests in which you participate.
- We undertake a check to assess your eligibility to work within Australia.
- We collect information from public records such as social media, including LinkedIn and Facebook.
We may also use your personal information to consider any requests you make of us, for the purpose of promoting our products or services, to perform administrative functions, and to comply with our legal obligations.
If you do not provide this information in whole or in part, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require.
We will treat any information that you give us as confidential. However, we pass this information onto our clients, your referees and other persons, companies or other entities who perform functions or service on our behalf or where otherwise required by law. Personal Information is used and stored us mostly hosted in Australia. We use Bullhorn as our customer relationship management provider and as a cloud based software-as-a-service they store your personal information on servers overseas. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will request that any organisation to which your personal information is disclosed also treats the information as confidential.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) seeks to protect individuals against interferences with their privacy by regulating the way in which personal information is collected, handled, disclosed, used and stored.
Inspire HQ Pty Ltd (ABN 68 165 175 708) (Inspire HQ) understands the importance of, and is committed to, protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information.
This policy sets out how Inspire HQ aims to protect the privacy of your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information managed by Inspire HQ and the way Inspire HQ collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information. This policy may be updated from time to time.
In the event personal information is collected during an application, recruitment or other assessment process and you subsequently become an employee of Inspire HQ, some or all of the handling of your personal information may no longer be governed by the Privacy Act and this policy will no longer apply to you. Inspire HQ will nevertheless treat personal information it holds about its employees appropriately in the circumstances.
We may decline to collect unsolicited personal information from or about you and take steps to purge it from our systems.
WHAT IS ‘PERSONAL INFORMATION’ AND WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES INSPIRE HQ COLLECT?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of Inspire HQ’s services, Inspire HQ may collect your personal information. Generally, the kinds of personal information Inspire HQ collects may include:
- general contact and identification details (e.g. name, address, email address and phone number);
- information about your education and work history, qualifications and skills;
- opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), which will only be collected with your consent;
- information about your work rights and your eligibility to work within Australia which may include details, copies or presentation of the originals of any applicable visa, passport, birth or citizenship certificate, or other relevant documentation;
- sensitive information (e.g. information about your health, medical history or specific condition, criminal record, professional memberships etc), which will only be collected with your consent;
- any results of relevant tests in which you participate including but not limited to online testing carried out on Inspire HQ’s behalf;
- any personal information relevant to any training programs you undertake;
- your tax file number and relevant bank and superannuation account information necessary to facilitate the payment of wages and superannuation contributions and to ensure appropriate taxation treatment;
- driver’s licence number and relevant information about your driving history or infringements and any other applicable licences and certificates; and
- other information relevant in the circumstances.
In some circumstances Inspire HQ may also hold other personal information provided by you.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE COLLECTED
Generally, personal information will be collected from you directly when you complete an application form or submit your resume, either online or in hard copy, attend an interview, or otherwise provide us with personal information in person or via telephone, email, fax, post or other means, whether at Inspire HQ’s request or at your own initiative.
Personal information may also be collected from a source other than you when:
- you submit an application form or your resume through a third-party website;
- we undertake reference checks by inquiring with, or we otherwise receive references or performance feedback (whether negative or positive) from, any of your former or current employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies (reference checks are only undertaken with your consent);
- we receive results of any medical tests or criminal history checks, (which are only undertaken with your consent);
- we receive results from any competency tests in which you participate;
- we receive results from any other online process or testing including but not limited to assessments, induction courses and background checks carried out on Inspire HQ’s behalf;
- we undertake a check to assess your eligibility to work within Australia;
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive information about a workplace accident in which you were involved; and
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were or are involved during, or in connection with, a work placement.
There may be other occasions when Inspire HQ collects your personal information from other sources such as an information services provider, your employer or ex-employer or a publicly maintained record, including records publicly available through social media. Generally, Inspire HQ will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
WHY DOES INSPIRE HQ NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Inspire HQ collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of providing you with recruitment or work placement services, or other services through a Site. This may include using and disclosing your personal information to facilitate, or otherwise in connection with:
- you being offered employment or engagement with a client of Inspire HQ;
- your actual or potential work placements with clients of Inspire HQ;
- undertaking performance appraisals in relation to your former or current work placements with clients of Inspire HQ;
- any test, assessments or checks (including medical tests and assessments and criminal record checks) that you might be required to undergo for the purposes of assessing your suitability for a potential work placement or task with a client of Inspire HQ;
- identifying, assessing or facilitating your training needs;
- any necessary workplace rehabilitation during, or for the purposes of, a current or future work placement with a client of Inspire HQ in accordance with applicable legislation;
- the management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved during a work placement with a client of Inspire HQ; or
- any insurance claim or proposal in which Inspire HQ is involved by virtue of your current or previous work placements with a client of Inspire HQ.
Inspire HQ may also use or disclose your personal information for:
- administrative and business management purposes;
- marketing purposes and to identify and inform you of products, services and training courses that may be of interest to you;
- its own internal recruitment processes; and/or
- any other legal requirement.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Inspire HQ takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Inspire HQ. However, without certain information from you, or where information provided is inaccurate or irrelevant, Inspire HQ may not be able to provide its services to you or may be limited in its ability to provide its services to you.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Inspire HQ discloses your personal information for the purpose for which Inspire HQ collects it. That is, generally, Inspire HQ will only disclose your personal information for a purpose related to the provision of recruitment and work placement services or otherwise as set out in this policy. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- clients of Inspire HQ who may be your potential or actual employer or with whom you may be placed on a work placement;
- your referees;
- other staff of Inspire HQ and other associated entities of Inspire HQ;
- other organisations for the purpose of recommending and facilitating courses or programs through which you can upgrade your skills and undertake further training;
- Inspire HQ’s insurers;
- a professional association or registration body if relevant to the provision of Inspire HQ’s services or otherwise with your consent;
- a workers compensation body in accordance with applicable legislation;
- Inspire HQ’s contractors and suppliers;
- a federally registered Job Services Provider, for the purpose of confirming hours of work and hourly rate of pay;
- Inspire HQ’s professional advisors;
- any other entity, with your consent, or to whom disclosure is required or authorised by law; and/or
- any other third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services.
This disclosure is always on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law.
If you are a client of Inspire HQ we collect information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide the best recruitment solutions for you and your business needs. The main types of information we collect about our clients are:
- your contact details;
- details of your job title/description and organisational needs; and
- records of our interaction with you and confidential feedback you may give us regarding our candidates.
- The ways in which Inspire HQ collects information about you are when:
- we meet you or communicate with you in any way; or
- you provide your opinion or feedback regarding one of our candidates.
Inspire HQ collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the purposes of providing you with recruitment services.
The type of information that we typically collect and hold about referees is information that is necessary to help make determinations about the suitability of one of our candidates for particular jobs or particular types of work and may include:
- information about work position, authority to give a reference and preferred contact details;
- opinions of the referee regarding the candidate’s character and work performance or work environment; and
- facts or evidence in support of those opinions, sometimes involving the referee’s own knowledge and experience of having worked with the candidate.
SITE USERS – COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION
We may collect certain information when you visit our websites, mobile sites, applications and social media pages (Sites). For example, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device and browser including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information.
If you subscribe to a Site we will collect your name, contact details and other personal information to enable us to provide information in accordance with your subscription preferences.
If you use a mobile or other device to access Sites, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, location data, or other transactional information from that device.
Cookies and other tracking technologies are comprised of small bits of data or code. Some websites, applications and other services that you access send this data to your browser and then store the data on your computer.
These technologies are often used as a means of remembering your preferences. They may be used to collect and store information such as pages you have visited, content you have viewed, search queries you have run and advertisements you have viewed in relation to your usage of the Services and other websites you have visited.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the ‘Help’ section of your browser for more information.
Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features, content or personalisation available through the Sites.
Inspire HQ will not disclose your personal information to an overseas recipient.
Inspire HQ may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting Inspire HQ via the contact details set out below or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Inspire HQ takes all reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds is protected against misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Inspire HQ holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
Inspire HQ will destroy or de‑identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Inspire HQ is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
YOU CAN GAIN ACCESS TO, AND SEEK CORRECTION OF, YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD BY INSPIRE HQ
Inspire HQ takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up‑to‑date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Inspire HQ. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that Inspire HQ holds about you, or you would like more information on Inspire HQ’s approach to privacy, please contact Inspire HQ via the contact details set out below. Inspire HQ will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- Inspire HQ requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- Inspire HQ may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to Inspire HQ for providing access in accordance with your request.
Inspire HQ will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request.
If Inspire HQ refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, Inspire HQ will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. Inspire HQ will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs of Inspire HQ.
Please direct all privacy complaints to Inspire HQ via the contact details below.
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and Inspire HQ.
Inspire HQ will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How to Contact Us
For further information or enquiries regarding personal information that Inspire HQ holds about you, or if you would like to opt out of receiving any promotional communications, please contact Ange Connor on T 0407833152 or E [email protected]