Nicholson Construction specialises in commercial construction, in particular health, education and government public facilities, as well as private projects such as retail outlets and shops, and industrial projects and factories. A long-established family business, Nicholson Construction has been in operation since the late 1800’s and has grown to become a leading commercial construction company in western Victoria with projects serviced from offices in Ballarat, Bendigo and Warrnambool.
As a Project Manager with Nicholson Construction, you will be committed to delivering excellence; priding yourself on delivering quality projects with consideration to client expectations and ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Delivering multiple construction projects with involvement and management from tender to completion
- Financial management and monitoring expenditure including appropriate budgets, contracts, VQR’s, RFIs, EOT, NOD
- Managing people; from project teams and administrators to subcontracted specialised trades and liaising closely with management
- Implementing the HSEQ system on to every project
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management or a related discipline (trade based experience is also highly regarded)
- Experience working on projects from $2m to $20m
- Excellent time management skills, coupled with the ability to work to tight deadlines and through high-pressure situations, are critical
- Proven experience in managing and resolving conflict and utilising your well developed analytical and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills combined with the ability to lead a diverse team of people will hold you in high regard
In return you’ll be rewarded with project managing some of the regions most iconic construction projects, be given the flexibility to work autonomously, joining a family friendly business that has a positive team focused culture and you will receive a competitive salary package that reflects your experience.
Inspired? Contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152 for further information and a copy of the position description. To apply, email your resume and covering letter to [email protected] by close of business Friday 21st February 2020.