Goldacres manufactures Australia’s most advanced range of spraying equipment and have a long history of supplying to the agriculture sector. Family owned and operated, Goldacres are committed to delivering efficient and cost-effective equipment through continued innovation, technology and environmentally sustainable work practices.
Due to rapid growth, this newly created role will see you working as one of the Purchasing Officers at Goldacres and responsible for ensuring the accurate, timely and efficient ordering and delivery of a wide range of production parts for the Ballarat site. Using their ERP system, Epicor, you will need to be able to exercise judgement, show initiative and engage with internal and external stakeholders to effectively support the supply chain function at Goldacres.
A typical day at Goldacres will see you:
- Analysing data to assess what to purchase and when, to optimise production
- Liaising with local, national and international suppliers to purchase parts, negotiate prices and determine delivery timeframes
- Working with the warehousing team to communicate orders and deliveries and resolve issues
- Updating and maintaining accurate purchasing and supplier records in Epicor
- Following up on orders to ensure they are delivered on time in full
- Participating in the daily factory walk around to liaise with production, troubleshoot issues and provide updates
To join the Supply Chain team at Goldacres you’ll need to demonstrate previous purchasing experience in a manufacturing – production environment and it’s essential you have a high level of mechanical aptitude as you’ll need to be able to read and interpret specifications of parts. Strong IT skills, ideally with experience using an ERP system coupled with an organized, methodical and analytical approach to your work will help you succeed in this role. Good reading, writing and mathematical skills are essential and you’ll need to be able to engage with and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
As the successful candidate you’ll be offered a salary that is inline with your skills and experience. This is a permanent full-time position and Goldacres are a family friendly flexible workplace who genuinely value their team members. The Purchasing Officer role will suit someone looking for a long-term career in a growing and expanding innovative business where there is plenty of opportunity for growth and development.
Inspired? Contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152 for further information and to request the Position Description. To apply, please email your application letter and resume to [email protected]