Servicing Ballan and the surrounding regions for over twenty-seven years, Crossroads Trading is a well established locally owned and operated family business with a reputation for personalized service and high quality products. Offering a broad range of products including farming, animal husbandry and equine supplies, heating – firewood and bottled gas, sand, soil, gardening and mowing plus small engine repairs and servicing, Crossroads Trading are focused on offering a convenient service to the customers.
Due to growth, an opportunity exists for an experienced Rural Merchandise Manager to join their team. Working closely with the owners, the Rural Merchandise Manager will be responsible for merchandise sales for the farming and agriculture range of products while building long term customer relationships to drive sales.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing responsive, high quality service to customers in store
- Building relationships with customers to understand their needs and provide quality product knowledge and advice
- Managing the presentation and layout of the store to maximise sales and promotions
- Stock control and management
- Managing the achievement of sales targets, budgets and store performance
- Leading, managing and developing a team of retail assistants
To be successful in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- A proven background in a rural/farm supplies retail – merchandise sales role
- Well-developed knowledge of agriculture and farm supplies products and services
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to build rapport, influence and negotiate
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining unflappable
- Working with minimal supervision including being able to analyse information, problem solve and make a decision
- A driven, self-motivated and proactive attitude
- Experience in leading and managing a small team
In return, a rewarding salary package will be negotiated based on skills and experience. Crossroads Trading value their employees and this is your opportunity to work in a close knit team with a positive and family focused culture where you will be valued and acknowledged for your contribution. The ability to work a rotating Saturday roster is required.
Inspired? For further information and to request a copy of the position description please contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152. All enquiries will be treated with the strictest confidence.
To apply, email your current resume and application letter to [email protected]
Applications close Monday 30th November 2020.