Bartlett Manufacturing is an Australian family owned company, operating from headquarters in Ballarat. They have led the way in pioneering new fabrication techniques leading to superior and more durable products. Their success and continual growth is based on a business and branding model that is committed to service and quality, along with the ongoing reinvestment in new technologies.
Bartlett Manufacturing provides opportunities that challenge and reward their people to grow and develop their skills. With a commitment to product quality and ingenuity their business continues to grow and as a result they are seeking a suitably experienced Supply Chain Manager to join their team. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining close working relationships with suppliers, learning about the technical properties and specification of their raw materials and liaising with various departments within the organisation.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing suppliers and negotiating preferred supplier agreements with local, national and international suppliers
- Liaising with Production, Business Development and Sales teams to understand the material requirements and source appropriate suppliers
- Developing a technical understanding of the raw materials used in production and their material features to enhance end products, therefore benefitting the customer
- Managing a small team and the delegation of tasks
- Hands on processing of purchase orders through the ERP system including KPI reporting, forecasting and developing purchasing requirements
- Building strong and collaborative relationships with suppliers to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Developing supply chain systems, processes and functions to streamline and automate processes through the effective use of the ERP system
Success in this role requires:
- The ability to build genuine and collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- A proven background in supply chain management
- Strong commercial business acumen
- A methodical and analytical mindset with a practical hands on approach
- Mechanical aptitude; gained through your previous work or through your personal hobbies and interests.
- Well-developed IT skills, previous ERP experience beneficial but not essential
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience working to deadlines while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Self-motivation, a go-getter attitude and being driven to succeed
In return, we are offering an attractive salary based on skills and experience. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about a niche product and play a critical role in the success of the business. Bartlett Manufacturing offer excellent working conditions and have a values driven team culture.
Inspired? Contact Larecia McGuane on 0439 277 841 for a confidential discussion and to request the position description. To apply, submit your covering letter and resume to [email protected]