From humble beginnings in 1935, Haymes Paint has grown from a small paint manufacturer, selling to the local Ballarat community, to the largest Australian owned manufacturer of premium brand paints, finishes, and protective coatings.
With a history stretching back over 85 years, Haymes Paint is a true Australian success story; and whilst their colour palettes and can labels may have changed with the decades, their commitment to quality has remained the same. Now in their fourth generation of family ownership, they haven’t slowed down on bringing new and better products to the market, always looking for new advances or opportunities for innovation.
In the newly created position of Executive Assistant, you will provide superior organisational and executive administration support to the CEO and Directors/Family. This role is ideal for a highly experienced Executive Assistant who has a proven track record providing support to a CEO and/or Directors and has the confidence to bring ideas and initiative to the table to add value. You will understand and appreciate the dynamics of a family business and be able to demonstrate a strong values alignment.
Your role and daily activities will include:
- Email and diary management for the CEO
- Providing executive support primarily to the CEO and Directors / Family as well as the broader executive team when required
- Attending to correspondence, managing business arrangements and travel
- Compiling and distributing agendas and minutes for multiple Board and Executive meetings including managing action items
- Event management of corporate functions
- CEO and Director invoice/expense reconciliations and authorisation
- Managing electronic and paper-based filing systems and record keeping
- Researching and implementing initiatives to enhance and streamline administrative functions
Success in this role requires the ability to demonstrate:
- A proven background in a similar type role, preferably within a family owned and operated growing business
- Well-developed decision making and problem solving skills
- Discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Exceptional relationship building skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including experience in drafting correspondence
- Highly effective time management skills
- An eye for detail; it’s the small things that matter
- Advanced IT skills
- High levels of initiative and a can do attitude
Committed to ensuring each member of their team has the opportunity to grow with the business, it shouldn’t be surprising that Haymes has fantastic staff retention, as they genuinely invest in each individual and encourage new ideas. You’ll be well-supported but given the autonomy to truly make this role your own.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated based on your skills and experience. This is a full-time position, based in Ballarat.
Inspired? For further information and to request a copy of the position description please contact Ange Connor or Amy Byrnes on 5331 1734. To apply, email your application letter and current resume to [email protected] by close of business Monday 17th May 2021.