Springhill Farm exist to spread joy, one treat at a time. Their journey started with a slice; from whipping up slices as a hobby for school kids visiting the family farm, Springhill Farm now provide their simply treatworthy products throughout Australia. Made right here in Ballarat, Springhill Farm products are a modern twist on Aussie Farmhouse Kitchen inspired treats that are perfect to complete your time-out moment and include gluten free and vegan offerings.
If you have a passion for developing great tasting treats that are good for you and make people smile we want to talk to you!
About the job
As the Product Development Technologist at Springhill Farm, you will lead the product development of both Springhill Farm products as well as their contract clients. From developing bench trials based on briefs to delivering innovative snacks, you will be up to date and across ingredient trends and have the commercial acumen to develop products within the budgets set by clients. You will be responsible for working closely with our clients to present new product samples, manage the cost of goods and co-ordinate the product development process through to manufacture.
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in a science related discipline, preferably food technology
- A proven background in new product development
- Well developed knowledge of HACCP and BRC standards
- High levels of initiative and the ability to think outside the square to come up with innovative solutions for our clients and customers
- An agile thinking mindset; you’ll embrace and lead change and seize opportunities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Commercial acumen
- You are a team player
- A purposeful, determined and unwavering attitude with a commitment to exceeding customer expectations
The days and hours of work are negotiable in this newly created position. We are seeking a minimum of 24 hours per week and will consider up to full-time hours. Springhill Farm is offering a competitive salary package along with the opportunity to lead and innovate in a growing business.
Inspired? For further information and to request a copy of the position description, contact Ange Connor on 0407 833 152. To apply, please send your application letter and current resume to [email protected] by close of business Tuesday 27th July 2021.